Sunday, November 13, 2011

When it rains, it pours



The weather in PE is miserable, it's like the middle of winter and our customers are drinking like it's a public holiday tomorrow. But you know that feeling of walking along a empty beach on a freezing winter day, and everything seems frozen as though life is on pause, until you hear the screech of a seagull? That's what this weekend rain has been like, until last night, exactly a year to the day that Daniel proposed to my sister, my brother proposed to Marilugh, and suddenly the rain looked beautiful and the cold weather is just an excuse to spend time cuddling up with the ones you love.

So between lunchtime yesterday and today, I became designated caterer for both my sister's bachelorette and my brother's wedding :) that's three official catering jobs, and I don't care if the majority are for family- catering for wedding stuff counts!

But now the nerves are kicking in, I have a LOT to prepare before Wednesday, and unfortunately I don't work well sharing space in the kitchen (hmmm hints of control freak cheffy characteristics??), in fact there is only one person I can work well with in the kitchen, and I'm not sure how happy people will be if I up my fee to R10 000 in order to fly in help.

So now it's planning planning planning phase, and hope that doing the theory will help pull off the practical!

No comments: