Wednesday, November 16, 2011

D-day

I don't want to jinx it, but everything is going smoooooothly :) I have 25 minutes to kill while the pies are in the oven, then off to pick up some fresh ciabatta for the bruschetta, and the last minute cooking to do, and everything will be ready! Although my back is killing me, and I can't wait to have a long sleep tonight, I'm super chuffed that so far there are no disasters.

My only issue has been the debate of the pies: petite pastry cups, juicy filling, and topped with creamy mash, or manly all pastry, about 3 bites pie pies. And how small is too small? How big is too big to be mini? When the're so small I keep feeling like the pastry-to-filling ratio is out of balance (and not in favour of the filling), but when they're bigger, they just seem so, well, average and messy :/ so I have made 3 different kinds, and hope that everyone will be satisfied!

My favourite thing so far has to be my crispy cajun cornflake chicken, but I'm hitting that point where I've tested and tasted so much that all I want is a big bottle of sparkling water, lemon, and then chocolate ice cream. 6 hours to go! Can't wait to upload pictures, hold thumbs I don't have a last minute disaster and drop all the plates of food or something :/


No comments: